My child has a FEVER or OTHER SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS.
– Please keep your child home and report the absence by clicking the button above.
– The School Nurse will contact you by phone or email to gather information. We will work out a specific return date and plan for your child.
– If you or your family members have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you need to have your household members tested.
– If you have not had known exposure to the virus, please contact your healthcare provider for guidance on whether to be tested. You may need either a physician’s note or negative PCR COVID-19 test result to return to school. Without proper documentation, you may need to keep your child home for up to 10 days.
My child is teething or has seasonal allergies.
– If your child has a fever, he/she probably has an illness in addition to teething/allergies. Please keep your child at home and report your absence by clicking the button above.
– The School Nurse will contact you by phone or email to gather information and work out a specific return date and plan for your child.
– If your child does not have a fever and these symptoms are the same symptoms that you always see, your child may be able to come to school. A physician’s note explaining the symptoms’ cause will ensure your child can be present at school and will not have to be sent home.
One of our close contacts has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
– A “close contact” is defined by the CDC as “being within 6 feet or less… for at least 15 minutes or more while contagious, irrespective of mask-wearing.” The COVID-19 contagious period includes 2 days before the onset of symptoms (or test date, if asymptomatic), up until 10 days after the onset/test date.
– Please keep your child home and report the absence by clicking the button above. The School Nurse will contact you by phone or email to gather information. We will work out a specific return date and plan for your child. Your family will need to quarantine for 14 days after the last date of exposure and will need to present negative PCR COVID-19 testing results to return to school.
Our family or a family member is traveling.
– Please alert us by clicking the button above. If your child is traveling by air or train, you may want to keep him/her home for at least 7-14 days after traveling. If another family member or close contact (nanny, grandparents, etc.) is traveling by air or train without the child, you may decide whether to quarantine based on your specific situation. Please keep in mind the health and safety of everyone at school while making your decision, and don’t hesitate to contact the school nurse at email@example.com to come up with a plan for your child.