Thank you for your interest in the Day School! We are excited to share with you our wonderful program and community. We believe the enrollment process should be low-pressure and family-focused, so our goal is to provide as much support during this important decision making time. Our enrollment period for the upcoming school year is held in January and our enrollment confirmation deadline for our Pre-K and TK programs is in mid-March, which aligns with the local private-school’s acceptance and decision period. We offer two Preview Days each fall and individual tours throughout the year.
2023-2024 School Year: August 29, 2023 – May 21, 2024
The following steps will begin the admission process for enrolling at the Day School.
Step 1 | Inquire
Please take some time to review our website for basic information about the various programs we offer. You may also find more information on our Instagram and Facebook accounts. Once you’ve reviewed the website, please fill out the following form with your information:
Step 2 | Tour
We offer individual tours and Preview Days in the fall for prospective families. Individual tours are offered throughout the week and allows families to see the school in action, but tours are also available after 2 pm and on Fridays when classes are not in session. After we receive your above Inquiry Request form, a Day School advisor will contact you to schedule an individual tour and invite you to a Preview Day.
Step 3 | Apply
- After you have toured or talked to an advisor, you will receive an email with a link for the online Day School Application. There is not a fee associated with applying.
- Please note the following enrollment dates:
- Application Acceptance Period: Year Round
- Registration Dates for the 2024-2025 School Year:
- January 3, 2024 – Applications Due for Round One: Registration for Community Member
- January 7, 2024 – Priority Registration Decision Due Date for Current Students
- January 8, 2024 – Priority Registration for PCBC Members & Siblings
- January 10, 2024 – Round One: Registration for Community Members (Applications Due January 3, 2024)
January 16, 2024 – Round Two: Open Registration for Community Members (Applications received on January 4, 2024 or after)
- March 11, 2024 – Registration Decision Deadline for the Pre-Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Programs
Enrollment is available throughout the school year if space is available. When a class is full, an applicant will be placed on the waitlist and considered for enrollment when a spot becomes available. Priority will be given as follows: current students, teacher’s children, siblings of current students, PCBC church members and community members. The class make-up will also be considered.
- Infants must be at least 4 months-old by August 27, 2024. If you plan to enroll a newborn but you want the baby to start at a date later than the first day of school, you must register and pay all regularly scheduled tuition payments due as of the enrollment date to hold your child’s spot. If you elect to be placed on the waiting list and not pay tuition to hold the spot, the child will only be enrolled when an opening becomes available.
- Children in the Preschool: Three’s and older classes must be potty trained to be enrolled.
- Once you submit your Day School Application, you will wait for the Enrollment period or, dependent upon space availability in the middle of the year, to be formally offered a spot.
Applicants will have 48 hours to confirm their enrollment by responding to the director, signing the PCBC Day School Contract, paying the Registration Fee and first month’s tuition payment, which are both non-refundable/non-transferable.
- At the end of summer, you will receive a “Welcome to School” packet with more information about your child’s classroom and teacher information, starting the new school year and attending the Meet the Teacher event the week before school starts.
- Submission of the Preschool Application does not guarantee enrollment.
- Non-Discriminatory Statement: PCBC Day School admits students without regard to race, color, national and ethnic origin. PCBC Day School does not discriminate based on race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies and scholarships.